Trust Tax Accountant job for a Qualified Tax Accountant in a Global Fund Administration Firm, City, London
Your new company
A well established, independent fund administration and middle office solutions provider with a global reach with 2,000 members of staff across 35 jurisdictions globally administering around $600 billion (USD) in assets under management.
Your new role
You will be a Trust Tax Specialist and will form an integral part of the Operations Team, responsible for the production and submission of accounting and tax information as well as supervising the overall business unit for compliance with any regulatory burdens falling on the Trustee department (i.e. CRS/FATCA, Trust Register etc.).
You will be based in the heart of the city working in a team of 5 reporting directly into the head of the Operations Team in a role offering full autonomy.
The responsibilities of the role:
* Be responsible for timely and accurate production and submission of Trust and Estate tax returns and Income Tax certificates by using relevant software (CCH Personal Taxation) or as required;
* Be responsible for the production and submission of tax calculations on all types of trusts e.g. Income Tax, CGT, and IHT;
* Be responsible for the payment of all taxes by the relevant due date;
* Be responsible the production of Annual Trust and Estates Accounts from relevant software (CCH Trust Accounts, Isokon and Viztopia Accounts Formatter) or as required;
* Be responsible for the production of valuations for various purposes, appropriation statements and apportioned income statements;
* Be responsible for accurate and timely submission of Automatic Exchange of Information ('AEOI') in particular FATCA and CRS reporting for entities under management;
* Train and oversee, both formally and through your day to day interactions, less senior members of the Operations team with all aspects in relation to tax and accounts production;
* Liaise with other departments in the company, such as Private Trusts and other departments from time to time to coordinate the timely delivery of accounts and tax returns for our clients;
* Be responsible for the delivery of monthly key performance indicators ('KPIs') as assigned by the Head of Operations;
* Identifying risk and opportunity while creating relationships with client managers responsible for liaising with our clients;
* Keep abreast of relevant Tax legislations, regulations and industry developments ensuring the department is compliant;
* Liaise with software provider on any queries in relation to tax production matters and attend the user group meetings as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you must be technically capable of producing accurate trust and estate tax returns without supervision and must be able to keep on top of changes in relevant legislation and have the ability to supervise and train other members of the team on such changes to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
You will be a professional qualified accountant holding either ACA/ACCA/AAT certification and or CTA and may be a member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) or qualified by experience.
Experience with CCH is essential.
What you'll get in return
Above average market rate salary of between £60,000 - £65,000 a discretionary bonus and a range of flexible benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.