Our client, a Top 5 accountancy firm is looking for a Tax Senior Assistant to join SSC in Central Liverpool!
The firm is looking to recruit a dynamic senior assistant to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to colleagues in the tax stream. The teams' scope of service includes personal, corporate and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of Shared Service strategy.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
* Support regional client facing tax teams with first tier review of personal, corporate and VAT tax returns processed by the tax hub team
* Monitor throughput, quality and accuracy of team members' output working closely with the Tax Hub Associates & Senior Associates
* Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions
* Deliver feedback guidance and coaching to inputters on quality of work
* Work extensively with tax software and workflow tools
* Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across the UK
* Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work
* Working towards ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
* Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
* IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous
* Well presented with a professional level of communication - both verbal and written
* Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
* Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate
* Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated
* Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
* Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.