DFDL is a leading international law firm specialized in emerging markets with regional legal, tax and advisory investment expertise developed throughout the South and Southeast Asia, and beyond.
With a team of over 150 local and foreign advisers in 9 countries (Cambodia, the Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Bangladesh, Indonesia and the Philippines) including the collaborating firms, we provide unique value propositions and innovative solutions to our clients, with a particular focus on:
● Banking and Finance
● Mergers and Acquisitions
● Energy, Mining and Infrastructure
● Real Estate and Construction
● Taxation and Accounting
DFDL’s tax practice is recognized for its excellence and has won multiple awards including Tax and Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year and is listed as a Tier 1 Tax Firm in a number of leading international directories.
Due to the expansion of its transfer pricing practice - we are seeking an experienced transfer pricing manager, senior manager or director to assist in developing a regional transfer pricing team. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to work with some of the leading companies in the region and gain broader experience in regional role across Asia. The successful candidate will work with our regional tax team in advising clients across multiple jurisdictions. For the right candidate we can discuss the location of the role in Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Singapore or Ho Chi Minh City.
The applicant should be an experienced transfer pricing professional who has a passion for international tax and a willingness to build and grow our transfer pricing practice. The applicant needs to be highly motivated, able to confidently interact with clients and deliver work of a consistently high standard.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with truly excellent career development and personal growth opportunities.
Reports to: Head of Regional Tax Practice and Tax Partner.
Key external relationships: DFDL Clients, potential clients, Ministries, Chamber of Commerce, Business Associations, etc.
Key internal relationships: Partners, Managing Director, Senior Managers, Managers and other staff.
Salary range:Competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Position type: Full Time – Regular
Applicants eligible: Any qualified candidate
Working hours: Monday to Friday
● Provide advice exclusively on behalf of the Firm and to clients of the Firm;
● Work as part of an experienced international team on transfer pricing projects for companies in the greater Mekong region;
● Direct responsibilities for all aspects of basic transfer pricing study engagements including, scoping, fact gathering, client interview, industry analysis, company search, economic analysis and report drafting etc.;
● Assist managers in delivery of cross-border transfer pricing planning projects, and projects involving complex tax efficient supply chain design and modeling
Business development and knowledge management:
● A significant part of this role will involve the ability to attend meetings with senior DFDL employees and discuss and sell our transfer pricing services to potential clients;
● Participate actively in the Firm’s business development efforts, including government relations, various chambers of commerce, business clubs, and other relevant groups; and
● Participate in knowledge management, professional development, and Firm administrative activities as requested.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
● Minimum 3-4 years’ transfer pricing experience in Big 4 or boutique transfer pricing firm;
● Experience with project management, functional analysis and benchmarking studies;
● Motivation to work as part of a regional team to grow the Tax Practice;
● Excellence in both written and verbal communication in English
● Exposure to business development, client presentations etc.;
● Proactive and a passion for the tax area is a must; and
● Experience in managing and enhancing client relationships;
DFDL Mekong (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. – Regional Office
Link to our online job announcement: https://dfdl.workable.com/jobs/1137315
Contact person: Mr. Rithy Va – Regional HR & Admin Officer
Applications should include a curriculum vitae or resume, accompanied by a covering letter outlining the candidate’s interest in and suitability for the position.
Please note that this position is open until filled.
All applications and expression of interest will be treated confidentially, being reviewed only by DFDL Senior Management and Human Resources team members.
Applications will be reviewed and processed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.