Our client is a rapidly expanding property group. In line with their plans for growth the business seeks a commercially focused Tax Manager to join the Finance Team in their Head Office in Alderley Edge. Reporting to the Group Tax Director, the Tax Manager will have ultimate responsibility for the compliance process across all taxes, including overseas jurisdictions, and will also be involved in numerous advisory projects.
Working as part of a supportive and talented finance team in an exciting, dynamic, and rapidly expanding company, this is a newly created role which will be incredibly varied, covering both compliance and advisory aspects. For the right candidate, the role represents a unique opportunity to get exposure across all UK taxes as well as an awareness of overseas taxes, and across a variety of businesses.
Weighted towards indirect tax it also covers corporate and employment taxes. Our client would consider someone from VAT or Corporate Tax background who is willing to learn and develop. Day to day your role will involve:
• Oversight of the compliance processes for both direct and indirect tax, including liaising with overseas offices to ensure that all overseas compliance obligations are met.
• The group extends to c.150 companies with c.17 VAT registrations.
• Liaison with external advisors who prepare the corporate tax computations.
• Implement robust processes and controls for the production of the VAT return and ensure continual learning and feedback with the finance teams.
• Ensure that tax payments are made on a timely basis.
• Deal with queries from the business in the UK and cross border.
• Assist with employment tax work such as the collation and agreement of the PAYE settlement agreement.
• There is a significant amount of advisory work that is required on a project basis which the candidate will also get involved in on an ad hoc basis e.g. capital allowances, transfer pricing, implementation of new legislation etc.
Our client would consider full time basis or a 4 day week. Ideally you will be ACA, ICAS or CTA qualified with tax experience gained in a large accountancy firm or in-house. On offer is a vibrant working environment, competitive salaries, as well as a strong track-record for celebrating and rewarding success. Salary in the range £40,000 to £50,000 + bens dependent on experience and qualifications