What's exciting about this role?We’re looking for an International and Corporate Tax Senior Manager to build and maintain close relationships with a wide range of clients and who’ll support our team to deliver our tax services within PwC.Our client teams range in size depending on the client and nature of the work. As a Senior Manager you’ll play a key role in shaping your accounts. You’ll also work in project teams on one-off projects.Our client work is stimulating and rarely routine. It offers opportunities to help solve the tax and business issues of companies that are household names and to be a leading adviser on the latest tax developments. The work is wide-ranging including advising on major corporate transactions, providing international and UK advice, as well as supporting the audit of tax for major companies.
What are we offering you?
In this role you can put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment.
● You’ll be working alongside a group of corporate tax specialists with a pool of Managers and other staff to support you.
● You’ll benefit from a progressive environment where we encourage you to develop client relationship and other softer skills in addition to technical expertise.
● There will also be chances to develop deeper knowledge in particular areas of interest such as international structuring, finance and treasury tax, advising on operating models, or certain industry sectors.
● This role will be both dynamic and challenging, with significant opportunities to develop your career.
● You’ll work with, and learn from, experienced Directors and Partners on your client teams, including some of the best known practitioners in their fields.
● Your career is important to us. We assign you a ‘People Manager’ who’ll manage your performance, well-being and development.
● You can progress your career with us through gaining wide-ranging experience across industries and locations. Being a global organisation we’re able to offer our staff the opportunity to go on international secondments.
● We also offer you further options to develop technically and professionally through varied client secondments.
Who we’re looking for?
We’re excited to receive your application and believe you’ll be a strong contender if you;
● have a UK professional qualification (eg ACA, CTA, solicitor or overseas equivalent) (essential),
● have gained significant international and UK corporate tax advisory experience, working on complex transactions,
● manage your time effectively and can work with a number of client teams at a time,
● have the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal partners,
● have strong analytical skills and a flexible approach, are an expert project manager and know how to delegate work within a team context,
● you also focus on self-development, and promote and support the development of those working with you.
We’re ideally looking for someone with experience of tax reporting or tax accounting, but that’s an added benefit.
What else do we want you to know?We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfill the role.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity