The main purpose of this role is to manage the international tax risk and to provide tax advice to the European business.
* Manage the group's European corporate and capital structure to ensure that it remains in line with the group's tax strategy.
* Manage the corporate, transactional and withholding tax risks of the European group.
* Support the European business on acquisitions and disposals, including: modelling and financing considerations, ensuring that effective tax due diligence is carried out and ensuring tax risk is managed.
* Provide advice to the European business on relevant new tax laws with support from external advisers.
* Ensuring compliance with cross border tax laws in conjunction with the European Finance teams
* Networking across the business to ensure that the tax team are involved in any proposed transaction and to advocate commercially focused and pragmatic tax solutions.
* Oversee local tax compliance undertaken by the local offices and external tax advisers.
* Working with the UK tax manager and the finance team to ensure appropriate and accurate provision for tax is made in the financial statements, group budgets and forecasts.