Job title: Tax Assistant
Reports to: Tax Manager
Who we are
Frank Hirth plc was founded in 1975 with the aim of providing a dual tax service for UK and US connected individuals and businesses. Since then we have grown significantly and are now in the Accountancy Age Top 30 Firms in the UK – large enough to offer you a challenging career and small enough to give you the chance to make a real contribution to our success. We welcome applications from anyone looking for a rewarding career in UK tax and a place on a scheme which has already been the entry route for several of our leading lights.
What you can expect
We believe our people are our biggest asset and we are committed to making an ongoing investment in the development of all our staff.
- Full study support to gain the ATT professional qualification and potentially the CTA qualification.
- Extensive in-house UK tax training and inductions during your first 6 weeks.
- On-the-job learning, taking on complex client work and working closely with other tax assistants and line managers.
- Exposure to a broad range of UK private client tax work.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with high-profile and interesting private clients.
- Opportunity to gain practical experience in UK tax.
What we require from you
At Frank Hirth we have a diverse workforce with two very important things in common: we have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to be the best. You will have:
- A high level of numeracy with an ‘A’ Level (or equivalent) in Maths or other finance related course.
- GCSE’s at grade 9 – 4 (A* – C)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The desire to take ownership of your career and development.
What you’ll get in return
We offer a competitive starting salary, an excellent benefits package and support as you develop your career in tax.
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday (increasing with service)
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year (days given in addition to annual leave allowance)
- Flexible working hours
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Private medical cover (employee)
- Permanent health insurance
- Health shield cash plan
- Cycle to work
- Season ticket loan
- Free fruit
- Continuous development and training
- We have several socials throughout the year such as our Christmas party, charity days and sports team events.
- Regular career and wellbeing conversations
- Opportunity to participate in our corporate volunteering programme
- Be a model of the Frank Hirth values
Our values run through everything we do. These bind us together and provide a clear and consistent direction for building our future. We are guided by our values and they help to measure our behaviours.
We have four Values, which complement each other, and all contribute to our success and to that of our clients.