This historic and globally recognised branded retailer, has operations in two continents and customers all over the world. With a global HQ in the heart of London, this role has been newly created as part of a review of the Group Finance function. Reporting to the Head of Tax and Financial Reporting, the culture is dynamic and fast-paced.
In this newly created role, you will be advising on VAT issues relating to existing and new business initiatives as well as assist on ad-hoc projects. As a VAT Manager, you will also assist with the implementation of making tax digital for VAT.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Advice on VAT issues relating to existing and new business initiatives
• Assisting with the implementation of making tax digital for VAT
• Implementing process changes and technology to the VAT compliance process
• Being point person for the internal finance team from a VAT perspective
• Managing overseas VAT compliance across the EU and Australian GST
• Building relationships with external advisors
• Keeping up to date with case law / legislative change
• Understanding customs issues / opportunities
• Understanding and implementing tax governance arrangements
• Assist the Group Tax Manager on group projects from an indirect tax perspective.
• CTA/ACA qualified or equivalent
• Strong understanding of VAT compliance processes
• Knowledge of technology solutions preferred.
• Discretionary bonus
• Pension and healthcare
• Company discount on products
• Modern working culture.
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly.