Vacancy for a Tax Semi-Senior in an expanding firm based in Holborn. Competitive salaries + benefits offered.
Your new company
Based in the City of London, the firm can boast one of the leading portfolios of music clients in London, providing tailor-made tax and accounting advice to a wide range of creative professionals. The firm primarily provides accountancy and taxation services to music industry clients, with a track record of success spanning over two decades. During this time, the firm has enjoyed consistent growth and now houses specialist teams concerning tax, touring, publishing and recording, as well as business management services for managers and artists alike.
Your new role
* To prepare to review stage and submit personal, partnership and corporation Tax Returns to HM Revenue & Customs in a timely manner
* Assisting with the effective running of the Tax Department, including submissions and payments, workflow and statistics
* To assist with the preparation of forms P11D
* To assist with the preparation and submission of ATED Returns
* To provide assistance to other departments in respect of taxation queries
* To provide assistance to other client advisers
* To correspond on routine matters with HMRC, via letter, email and telephone
* Applying for certificates of residence, providing tax information for mortgage applications or for accountants/advisers in other tax jurisdictions
* Keeping on top of the department filing and organisation
* To assist the Tax Director and Tax Manager with ad hoc projects that may arise.
What you'll need to succeed
In addition to technical knowledge and overall understanding of taxation, the Tax Senior must exhibit:
* Ability to prioritise and manage time in line with office deadlines
* Ability to meet deadlines, both those identified by management and by the applicant
* Ability to work well with others
* Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and third parties
* Ability to use own initiative
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a firm which highly values both their staff and their clients. The attractive salary comes alongside a lucrative benefits package, including a competitive holiday pay and interest free season ticket loans. More important is the quality of the role: you will gain exposure to a rich and diverse client base across many exciting industries, which are ever-changing and guaranteed not to be predictable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.