HMRC is on a digital journey as we begin to put technology at the heart of our decision-making and continue our Transformation into one of the most digitally advanced Tax Administrations in the world.
This role can be based in: Birmingham, West Midlands: Cardiff, Wales: Croydon, London: Edinburgh, Scotland: Glasgow, Scotland: Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber: Liverpool, North West: Manchester, North West: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, North East: Nottingham, East Midlands: Stratford, London
About the job
Reporting directly to the Director for Operational Excellence (OE) and working to support activity throughout HMRC Customer Services, the Deputy Director, Service Management plays a key role in supporting OE’s accountabilities to deliver a demanding portfolio of business support, technology and change services.
Key responsibilities Include:
• Trusted Change and Business Partner to Customer Service Group’s operational directorates.
• Leading a team of Operational Business Partners as the single point of contact with Operational Leaders and their teams, maintaining an integrated view of OE service delivery both within and across each of the operational directorates.
• Providing a single point of contact for consultancy and change, commissioning services from expert functions as required to support business delivery and improved performance.
• Collaborating with OE and wider delivery teams on the full range of services provided to each operational directorate, to ensure that overall service support and change delivery is effectively integrated and meets business needs and expectations.
This is a key leadership role across Customer Services Group (CSG). You will work closely with Customer Service Directors and, as part of the Operational Excellence leadership team, build a culture that focusses on exceptional delivery through:
• Excellent relationship management skills and deep understanding and awareness of business priorities.
• Effective representation of operational directorates in business and change planning activity.
• End to end ownership of the service provided by OE to each operational directorate within Customer Operations.
• Providing ‘voice of the customer’ and ‘voice of the business’ insights to drive analysis which supports targeted, evidence-based, interventions to improve customer experience and business performance.
• Prioritisation, commissioning and service oversight of business support and change delivery to operations across the portfolio of OE services.
• Alignment of intra-directorate and cross-directorate change plans and benefits profiles (customer, business, colleague and financial).
The Deputy Director, Service Management will need to work collaboratively with OE SLT to integrate this function with the wider portfolio of OE services.
Key to this will be a willingness to engage with partners, stakeholders and internal colleagues to bring about new ways of working to deliver an industry leading service.
The Civil Service champions diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.