Our client is seeking to make a first time appointment in Tax. The business has multi-jurisdictional activities, not least in the UK (Headquarters), Europe and North America, in the Entertainment/Hospitality industry.
As the first Tax professional to join the Finance department in the UK Headquarters, you will need to be comfortable grasping issues in Direct and Indirect Taxes, as the client needs to deal with the VAT implications of cross-border sales and the tax equalisation issues associated with a globally mobile workforce, in addition to the changing face of International Tax and Transfer Pricing (including IP considerations).
You will have responsibility for:
- collating overseas reporting in the group financial statements and management accounts
- Tax compliance for all group entities and Joint Ventures
- HMRC liaison, both on historic queries and future planning
- Dealing directly with Board members to answer Tax queries
- Supporting divisional Finance Directors and the Legal team
This role will suit either someone wanting to make a first move in house, or else someone seeking more responsibility/autonomy than their current role can offer.
As a stand alone role in London, is will clearly require someone to be comfortable performing a hands-on role and happy taking responsibility for the reported Tax figures.