FTSE 250 Plc operating in 33 countries globally requires an Interim Senior Indirect Tax Manager (1-3 months)
Your new company
Your new company is a professional services business listed in London within the FTSE250 with a market cap of around £2.2 billion. The group is a market leader in the UK, Germany and Australia and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe, Asia and Latin America operating across the private and public sectors employing more than 11,000 staff operating in 33 countries globally.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax, the role will be responsible for all indirect tax affairs of the group, implementing key tax projects and initiatives and supporting the Head of Tax in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. The role will drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
* Accountable for all indirect tax affairs of the worldwide group
* Build strong links with international markets - working closely with market FDs to ensure that indirect taxes are managed
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Build visibility of indirect tax risks worldwide and develop mitigation plans
* Global Process Owner for all indirect tax processes worldwide - identifying weaknesses and inefficiencies and improving processes, driving standardisation across all markets
* Build and develop the group's relationship with tax authorities worldwide
* Support the Group Head of Tax on key initiatives
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
What you'll need to succeed
You will be able to demonstrate technical competency in international and UK indirect taxes with experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm.
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax. To be successful you must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a day rate of between £300- £500 per day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.