• Opportunity to gain experience in a varied tax position
• Career progression prospects within a leading accountancy practice
About Our Client
As a leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers, Alexander & Co have more than 40 years of experience providing accounting, tax and consulting services, specifically for entrepreneurs and family businesses. Based in Manchester city centre, they offer an innovative, friendly and reliable service helping them build and maintain long-lasting relationships with their clients, which is the core ethos of their business. Alexander and Co support a wide variety of clients, from start-ups to £100m+ businesses, with significant transactional and advisory work and we are offering a perfect platform for an ambitious tax professional who wants to be a technical, commercial and well-rounded tax adviser.
To provide high quality, commercial tax advice to a range of clients including:
• All aspects of company / business owner tax planning including corporate structuring, IHT planning for owners and business acquisitions & disposals
• Mergers + Acquisitions / Transactional taxes
• Forensic / Expert witness work
• Due diligence
• Property taxes
• Wealth extraction
• Complex HMRC Enquiries
• Tax Issues related with Finance and loan relationships
• Matrimonial Tax Issues
• Managing, developing, training and mentoring team members
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a corporate tax and advisory focus, ideally with experience of advising OMB clients - considering the business and its owners. You will be a team player, we work very much as a team - both within the tax team and across our wider client service relationships. Those strong collaborative relationships help us give excellent service to our clients.
Depending on experience, you might join directly as a Corporate Tax Manager or Senior Manager with a progression plan to partner.
As part of the leadership team at Alexander & Co will play a key role in a growing and successful independent accountancy firm and have the opportunity to progress in the future.
We also want you to be:
• Able to think strategically and be a self-starter
• Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success of the team and the firm as a whole.
• Passionate about providing great client service.
• Organised and efficient.
• Great at communicating with people at all levels - face to face and in writing.
• Positive and good at using your initiative.
• Motivated and personally effective.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an experienced tax adviser with experience of advising companies and their owners.
• Be a team player.
• Be ambitious - we want you to help us take our tax team to the next level.
What's on Offer
• Market rate salary - circa £40,000 - £60,000
• 25 days' holiday per annum + bank holidays + Christmas shutdown period+ option to buy additional 3 days holiday
• Employer pension contribution
• Full technical training and support
• Relaxed office culture with collaborative social environment
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPET14019314Z