Our client is a global professional services firm who form part of the Big 4. Their PCS group is a growing practice within the organization. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the most technically demanding tax planning and compliance projects around. Having gained ample support and training from some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the industry, there will be opportunities to progress to manager.
You will support the firm’s managers, senior managers and partners in providing international tax services for private clients. You’re likely to balance your time between compliance and planning, focusing on and interacting directly with the firm’s clients. These clients will include high-profile individuals/families with ultra-high net worth, and expectations to match. That will make you a trusted advisor and role model for some of the firm’s people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues.
You will be involved in the following;
• Preparing or Reviewing U.S. federal and state tax returns for high net worth and ultra-high net worth U.S. citizens living abroad or U.S. residents holding non-US assets, and/or foreign nationals holding US assets. Preparing or reviewing federal and state tax returns for U.S. partnerships and U.S. trusts that hold non-US assets. This includes the preparation and review of foreign reporting requirements for cross border tax compliance such as foreign partnerships, foreign corporations, foreign disregarded entities, foreign trusts, and foreign affiliate reporting.
• Providing tax research, tax memoranda drafting, and assistance in quantitative modelling for private client international tax advisory services.
• Identifying and communicating significant tax matters to Managers and Senior Managers.
• Liaising and relationship development with other service lines and other subject matter professionals.
• Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
• Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
• Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and best practice knowledge
• Managing, coaching and developing a team of tax professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
• Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
You will have at least 2 years’ experience working with international private clients. Experience with Gift, Estate and Trust tax planning and compliance is a plus. You will need to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field as well as CPA, JD/LLM or Enrolled Agent qualified. Experience with managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, corresponding with clients and billing. Proficiency with tax software such as RIA, CCH IntelliConnect, BNA and/or Lexis Nexis.