As EMEA Tax Manager you will support and lead on planning initiatives across the region whilst also providing support to the relevant business units in relation to compliance/tax accounting oversight. You will report into the EMEA Tax Director.
You will be a key member of the EMEA Tax team and responsible for executing the global tax strategy and initiatives throughout the EMEA region.
* Provide EMEA tax support to the key business segments, including assistance and coordination with tax audits.
* Manage tax planning and structuring activities in Europe, Middle- East and Africa region
* Assist in implementing tax and other corporate initiatives and projects in the region.
* Manage regional transfer pricing practices to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulations.
* Monitor regional corporate income tax law changes and international tax developments (BEPS etceteras). Ensure compliance and identify favorable opportunities for implementation.
* work in coordination with finance and accounting shared service centre teams to align US GAAP, statutory financial statements and local country income tax returns and reporting with the company's complex tax structure
* identify, research and resolve tax and accounting issues
* 6 years + of international tax experience as an adviser at a large consulting firm and/or an in-house adviser with a multinational company.
* Experience identifying and resolving issues involving international subsidiaries and inter-company transactions is required
* Experience in EMEA local country income tax matters, transfer pricing and audit defence
* Strong tax accounting skills a must.
* Strong written, verbal and technical communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with executives, operations managers, finance directors, and other corporate departments.
* Experience with Excel, Hyperion HFM, PeopleSoft or similar ERP software is an asset.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.