A FTSE 50 Group are looking for an International Tax Director to join their Head Office tax team based in Greater London. The primary purpose of the role is to be responsible for tax matters pertaining to strategic planning, internal structuring, and M&A. This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Group tax department of a fast-moving company with a highly collaborative culture, and an excellent variety of interesting and challenging international tax work.
The role will report to the Head of Group Tax and will have a variety of responsibilities including:
* M&A, mainly US-focused, including due diligence, transaction structuring and modelling, post-transaction integration, and dealing with external advisers.
* Financing strategy and withholding tax management.
* Corporate group restructurings.
* IP planning.
* Other projects and work involving expert international tax knowledge and strong technical skills.
* Direct participation in Group Tax rate strategy and planning.
* Working closely with the transfer pricing team on international tax strategy, including in relation to IP.
* Keeping up-to-date on international tax developments, and recommending any necessary actions in response to potential changes.
* Interfacing with the Group tax compliance senior manager and Group Finance to ensure all transactions and planning are correctly reported.
* Working closely with other functions including operations, legal, treasury and company secretarial.
* Supporting the management of the Group's effective tax rate and cash tax, and identifying opportunities where they arise.
* Consummate commercial experience gained in Big 4/Tier A accountancy firm or Blue Chip in-house tax department
* Strong knowledge and experience in UK tax, particularly international-related rules and planning, including CFC, financing and holding structures
* Experience in US inbound tax rules and planning, including US tax reform, financing, and other US international-related matters, is considered a plus.
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth