This well known asset manager are searching for a strong Head of UK and EMEA Tax to join their London office. You will report directly to the Global Head of Tax and will interact with the global tax team to optimise tax efficiency strategies while ensuring compliance with tax regulatory and reporting requirements. You will directly manage several members of the tax team located in London, but will work with the international team on various projects in a leadership role.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related projects.
* Identify opportunities and recommend steps to improve or maintain tax efficiency of the group.
* Review and coordinate UK and EMEA tax return preparation activities; ensure direct and indirect tax compliance requirements are met as necessary and oversee external non-UK tax compliance advisors.
* Review and coordinate tax aspects of statutory financial statement prepared in IFRS or in accordance with other applicable local GAAP requirements
* Ensure transfer pricing policies are implemented and accounted for properly.
* Ensure compliance with BEPS and OECD requirements. Oversee CBCR filings.
* Work with accounting, finance, legal, and other personnel to identify tax issues and opportunities, including implementation of strategies.
* Consolidation of quarterly tax provision for inclusion in US GAAP financial statements, including deferred tax and tax rate reconciliations
* Responsible for SOX tax related controls applicable to UK and EMEA entities.
* Respond to audit inquiries; interact with tax authorities, as appropriate.
* Manage tax accounts, including reconciliations for UK and EMEA entities.
* Prepare/review consolidated and individual company tax provisions and tax disclosures.
* Oversee VAT filings and process/methodology.
* Assist in restructuring of entities for tax efficiencies and tax minimisation strategies.
* Communicate with other members of tax team regarding projects.
* Involvement in product taxation, including FATCA and CRS reporting.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
* Knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS or UK GAAP tax reporting and group tax consolidation a must
* Expert in UK corporate tax with a good understanding of VAT within industry and experience with European tax regimes
* Degree or equivalent qualification
* Significant tax experience either in public accounting or industry
* Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels and across the business functions
* Enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive, combined with sound commercial acumen
* Creative and commercial approach to dealing with business issues
* Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and with external advisers