Your new company
My client is a is a thriving accountancy firm based in North London offering accounting, tax and wealth management services. They work with a wide range of clients with particular interest in media and entertainment.
Your new role
The role involves managing a portfolio of personal tax clients, ensuring that all submissions and payment deadlines are met. The portfolio covers a wide variety of clients with key clients across the property and entertainment industries. The day-to-day work will be mainly compliance with some advisory work although assistance maybe required on ad-hoc projects as they arise and working with other members of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
* Preparing client documents including annual tax returns within an allocated portfolio and ensuring all are compliant with current tax law
* Ensuring payments are made by the deadline
* Technical research
* Corresponding with clients, tax authorities and third parties on a daily basis on a wide variety of personal and corporation tax matters
* Providing consistent and quality client service including maintaining regular contact with clients
* Point of contact for tax queries from other departments within the firm and similarly, referring clients/client matters to other parts of the firm where appropriate
* Providing advice to clients on ad-hoc taxation matters
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be ATT or CTA qualified or studying toward such a qualification, whilst also having relevant recent experience in a tax position.
Other valuable skills and competencies include:
* A proactive and analytical approach with a desire to progress
* A well-developed sense of client service
* Pays attention to detail and takes pride in work produced
* IT literate
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Sound, commercial, tax expertise
* The ideal candidate will be a good communicator and be able to represent the firm's best interests both with clients and with staff
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.