This is a great opportunity for a Tax specialist to join a fantastic well-known brewing brand, based in Woking.
Reporting into the Head of Tax. This role will take ownership of direct taxes globally.
* Manage the UK Tax reporting and compliance function within FSSC by: preparing all tax returns and related data including VAT returns, Corporate Tax returns and Excise returns
* The AEL Group's Tax disclosures and Statutory Accounts Tax notes and Deferred Tax accounts.
* Preparing tax reports, including BEPS Country by Country reporting.
* Ensure that all FSSC tax controls are operative and undertake suitable compliance checks for related finance processes.
* Prepare tax accruals for management accounting purposes and oversee the payment of VAT payments on account and Corporate Tax instalments to HMRC.
Provide tax relevant data for selective non-UK entities, such as Switzerland and the Netherlands
* Assist with the operation of the Group's Central Functions annual recharge mechanism and undertake supportive Transfer Pricing interviews of the UK Function heads.
* Complete tax correspondence requirements as required, such as requests for HMRC tax residence certificates on behalf of the wider Group.
* Maintain and update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any business specific information. Develop a strong relationship with the business, including understanding business practices and specific tax information needs.
* Meet Tax deadlines and ensure that all financial practices and records comply with accepted accounting standards.
* Understand how money is made: Understanding key general business financial measures and how these are interpreted and used by businesses.
* Build alignment and relationships: We create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly. We understand the potential tensions there can be between the different functions and businesses but work to mitigate these at all times.
* Take initiative and embrace positive changes.
* Communication and Influencing: Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business stakeholders to leverage them for improved decision-making.
* Qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Institute of Tax qualified, Degree in Accounting or equivalent studies.
* ERP (preferred SAP and Hyperion HFM) knowledge with a real, provable aptitude for understanding and mastering financial systems.
* Previous experience with Tax compliance services, either in a Professional Practice or an Industry role. Excise Duty knowledge would be an advantage.
* Superior numeracy skills, advanced problem solving, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with good excel modelling.
* Possess good research skills and excellent communication skills.