A strategic tax role working in the London office of a leading global investment management firm, working closely with the Head of Tax - Europe, this role is responsible for the tax affairs of the European entities and their associated branches. This is the ideal role for a tax professional looking to make their first move out of the profession or with previous industry experience.
Working for one of the largest providers of mutual funds and exchange-traded funds in the world with over $5 trillion in assets under management.
Working as part of a 3 person team, this role requires the provision of advice, risk management and compliance support to the global business on a broad range of tax affairs.
* Requiring advisory experience, strong strategic thinking and stakeholder management skills to act as a deputy to the Head of Tax - Europe, as the primary "go to" contact and project lead for cross-functional initiatives.
* Providing support to the European business, explaining the effect of corporation tax and VAT on our day to day business, assessing and sharing the potential impact of changes in tax legislation on our operating model and associated effect on the costs of doing business.
* Providing support to the US based Global Tax and Legal Tax teams in relation to European tax matters.
* Monitoring legislative and regulatory developments in Europe, understanding the tax impacts for our business, and project managing initiatives requiring operational changes as a result of these changes.
* Identifying areas of tax risk across the European entities and associated branches, implementing and maintaining an effective risk management and governance framework.
* Leading the relationship with external tax advisors, including managing the outsourced preparation and finalisation of all corporation tax & VAT returns for all European entities and their associated branch returns.
* Managing the payment on account and final payment processes for all payments of corporation tax and VAT for all European entities and their associated branches.
* Preparing corporation tax provisions for the Management Accounts and Financial Statements, including reconciliation of prior year adjustments and the preparation of a proof of tax, together with all related tax notes and disclosures for the European entities.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Undergraduate degree
* Chartered Accountant or Chartered Tax Advisor
* Corporate tax experience gained either in the profession or in a previous industry role: both advisory and compliance experience is required.
* Strong communications skills and the ability to interact effectively and influence a broad range of stakeholders.
* Ability to work quickly and independently with a strong sense of commerciality and initiative.
* Able to effectively navigate ambiguity within a global operating model.
* £75,000 - £100,000 basic salary
* Excellent package
* Career development opportunities
* Flexible working
* Opportunity to work in a leading environment