Clearing house based in Central London is looking to recruit a Senior VAT Associate (EMEA).
Your new company
American post trade financial services company providing clearing and settlement services.
Your new role
The Senior VAT Associate (EMEA) will be to provide UK and European VAT compliance, VAT accounting and support to the business. This will include preparing and assisting with all necessary VAT, GST, and EC Sales Lists returns.
The EMEA regional tax team is part of the wider NY based Global tax team covering the tax affairs for more than 40 entities in 17 countries, spanning EMEA, the Americas and APAC regions. In its activities the two person London based tax team has significant interaction with the NY based US/Global Tax team as well as the APAC regional tax team.
The Tax department develops and executes the groups tax planning strategies, and manages our myriad global tax compliance and reporting requirements spanning across seventeen countries in Asia, Europe, Australia and North America. The Tax department also advises the groups businesses on tax matters, supporting their operations and transactions by evaluating tax consequences and risks.
* Accurate and timely submission of VAT returns, including prompt payment to the relevant tax authorities;
* Preparation of VAT return journals. including quarterly reconciliation of the VAT balance sheet accounts, and posting required adjustments;
* Accurate and timely preparation and submission of the UK VAT group's EC Sales List of VAT returns;
* Provide VAT guidance to Accounts Receivable/Payable on correct treatment of our products and invoicing requirements, and VAT advice to VAT queries from internal stakeholders across the businesses;
* Manage relationships with advisors and relevant third parties, as well as a professional working relationship with UK HMRC and Other Tax Authorities.
What you'll need to succeed
* Minimum of 5 years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years of related VAT experience;
* Indirect tax specialist either ACCA, ACA, or CTA; or qualified by experience;
* Background and detailed knowledge of UK, EU and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.