A global engineering business in the Chester area is looking for an International Tax Manager. The business is going through a period of growth and they are now in need of an ambitious individual to join their leading team.
Our client is a global engineering business that operates in a number of different countries. They have an excellent reputation for training and development and will offer a generous package for those that show a "can-do" attitude. They are seeking an International Tax Manager with initiative and drive who will quickly get to grips with the responsibilities of the role and its tax technical aspects. As the Group is expanding, you will be involved in M&A activity, managing the due diligence process and advising on structuring as appropriate.
As International Tax Manager, you will be responsbile for (but not restricted to):
* Overseeing the corporate tax compliance process across the region through relationships with external advisers and local business teams.
* Assisting in the oversight and central co-ordination and consolidation of corporate tax risks arising from tax issues and audits.
* Working with the Tax Assistant in relation to the UK corporate tax compliance process, which is undertaken in-house.
* Maintaining good relationships with local tax advisers and tax authorities, and managing tax audits, together with the local business finance teams and advisers.
* Managing reporting under US GAAP in respect of both quarter end and year-end financial reporting, including ensuring processes are appropriate and in line with SOX obligations.
* Advising and making recommendations in respect of transfer pricing issues.
* Managing tax service providers, including keeping costs within Budget.
* Assisting the Senior Leadership team with advisory projects including M&A, financing, restructuring and appropriate tax planning, implementation of the Group's tax strategy and providing advice to the business as needed.
* ACA, CTA or equivalent
* Strong tax skills and significant exposure to International Tax.
* This person can be from an accountancy practice or currently in an in-house tax role
* Experience of US GAAP or IFRS tax accounting for group reporting
* Strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to effectively drive projects forward
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Commercially minded
£65,000 - £80,000 + car allowance + 10 % bonus (can be more)
Range of other benefits including a good pension, healthcare & holiday package