Our client is a listed media and information group based in central London. We are assisting them in a search for a commercial and proactive Senior Manager, Indirect Tax to take ownership of the Groups indirect tax matters. The position will suit somone with in house tax experience or a manager/senior manager looking to move in house in a senior position with relevant sector experience. The role will be visible across the business, so partnering and strong communication will be important skills and part of succeeding in the role.
* Proactively support the businesses to identify and mitigate indirect tax risks and advise them on the indirect tax implications of new products and business initiatives;
* Review of VAT, US Sales & Use and Canadian GST/HST Tax Returns, related payments and journal entries;
* Conduct nexus studies and review current tax filings to ensure compliance with applicable jurisdictional laws;
* Ensure timely and accurate completion and submission of required tax returns and associated payments;
* Manage tax audit coordination and defence and ensure timely and accurate resolution;
* Reviewing new legislation and advising the Global Head of Tax and Treasury of the implications for the Group;
* Conduct periodic training on indirect tax for internal dependent functions;
* Advise the Global Finance Transformation Programme (implementation of Netsuite) on indirect tax aspects of programme, in particular on what tax engine is required.
* University degree;
* CPA certification or similar;
* Relevant experience gained in Big 4/Tier A accountancy firm or Blue Chip in-house tax department;
* Strong tax technical skills across all areas of indirect tax;
* Sales tax knowledge.