Vacancy for a motivated tax professional to join a dynamic, emerging North London firm on a part time basis.
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consulting firm that offers end-to-end solutions for private individuals and fast growth businesses. The firm's portfolio of services have the breadth and depth which give our clients the services that they need to succeed.
Your new role
* You will be required to oversee the completion of personal tax returns for the portfolio allocated to you, on a timely basis within the procedures set, to ensure that they are completed efficiently. Managing a tax assistant and outsourcing team
* To attend face to face meetings with clients and in certain cases to lead those meetings
* To assist with new prospect phone calls, answering general tax queries and introducing our services.
* You will be required to produce written tax advisory reports, to include bespoke tax computations covering inheritance tax, capital gains tax, income tax and corporation tax.
* You will also be required to liaise with other departments within H M Revenue & Customs, Internal Revenue Service and third parties.
* You will be required to ensure that the client's tax liability is correctly calculated and the client is advised accordingly.
* You will be required to remind the client of their liabilities on a periodic basis.
* You will be in regular liaison as to progress on your allocation of Tax Returns and other tasks that you are working on.
* You will be required to lead technical tax update webinars and seminars
* You will be required to assist in technical tax blogs and newsletters
* Continually improve and add innovation to our services around Portal and technology
* To contribute ideas to the tax partner and, when time is available, write technical notices.
* Handle new leads and enquiries with a view to signing up new clients
* Reporting directly to one of the Directors
What you'll need to succeed
* A Levels (x3) at grade A-C, or equivalent.
* GCSEs (x5) including English and Maths at grade A-C, or equivalent.
* ATT/CTA qualified with 5 years plus experience
* Must have written tax advisory experience
* Excellent MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
* Ability to interact professionally with clients, able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join an expanding new firm in North London. Due to explosive growth, you will play a significant part in the firm's success story, looking after its growing UK Compliance and Advisory Practice. The opportunities for personal and professional growth are demonstrable