Vacancy for a aspirational Corporate Tax Senior to join a thriving firm in Central London. Competitive salary.
Your new company
A Top 25 firm located in the City of London, offering business advice to the SME community. The key areas of interest for the company are corporate, including real estate, media, technology, and hospitality, in addition to charities and not-for-profit organisations such as schools and membership association.
Your new role
* Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including charities, trading subsidiaries and other not-for-profit entities under the supervision of managers.
* Technical research into a variety of tax issues.
* Liaising with HMRC on enquiries into tax returns.
* Monitoring WIP and liaising with managers/directors on client billing.
* Tax advisory work to clients (externally and internally) under the supervision of managers and directors, on a range of issues and planning opportunities, including:
* use of trading subsidiaries of charitable companies
* charitable corporate tax exemptions
* property and other transactions
* structuring of trading and other potentially taxable income streams
* creative sector tax reliefs (TTR / MGETR / OTR)
* Gift Aid.
* Full training and support will be provided on all aspects of the role including any NFP specific training, tax advisory work, letter and report writing and managing a portfolio of clients.
* Optional - support in studying for CTA qualification.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be expected to have the industry knowledge to identify tax efficient opportunities for clients, and the confidence to liaise with partners on implementing opportunities. You will act as a line manager for junior staff, meaning your ability to train, and professionally grow those below you is crucial.
On the technical side, a history of client portfolio management is essential, as is competency with Microsoft Office. Additionally, a tax qualification (ACCA or higher) and solid Alpha tax experience is preferential. Study Support will be offered in due course to support you in your further qualifications, and the successful applicant will likely be aiming to undertake these going forward.
What you'll get in return
You gain exposure to a vibrant range of clientele with the freedom to manage your own portfolio. Furthermore, you will be able to draw on the cumulative experience of former Top 10 and Big 4 professionals. You will receive a competitive rate of pay and enjoy a positive office culture with management that invest in your success.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.