Outstanding opportunity for a PQ or newly qualified Tax Accountant to work for this FTSE 100 FS business.
I'm working with a FTSE 100 listed financial services organisation that are looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Compliance specialist.
Working within Group Tax you will be supporting the UK Tax Senior Manager and the Tax Compliance and Reporting team. This is a mixed role involving tax compliance, tax reporting, UK tax technical analysis, M&A, tax advisory and managing tax risks for our businesses.
* Support the UK Tax Senior Manager as a tax business partner to other group functions. Provide tax advice on all mainstream UK tax issues in relation to projects, new initiatives and M&A activity. Produce technical analysis and documentation on key tax issues to include transfer pricing and tax accounting analysis where appropriate;
* Providing post-transactional support to operationally devolved areas of the group. This includes completion of the corporation tax computations and returns (using ONESOURCE software) including the relevant claims and elections, computational Transfer Pricing adjustments and responding to HMRC queries. Prepare the tax disclosures for these entities for the statutory accounts;
* Provide support to the Compliance and Reporting team as needed to support business initiatives;
* Maintain good technical knowledge of UK corporation tax and develop knowledge of VAT. Communicate tax issues clearly to non-tax specialists;
* Liaise with key finance and business contacts to build networks to ensure smooth management and communication of tax issues. Building networks externally with advisors, relevant tax authorities and industry bodies;
* Support other members of the tax team with ad hoc queries, projects and transactions.
In order to be considered for the role it is likely that you will be:
* A qualified accountant and or a Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation. However applications will be considered from those candidates that are part qualified and ambitious to continue their studies in a supportive and collegiate environment;
* A minimum of 3 years corporate tax experience whether in HMRC, accounting practice or industry;
* Ability to adapt approach to suit audience.