A newly created Tax Accountant position within leading UK housing provider. This is a varied role which will give the successful applicant exposure to a range of different tax issues as part of an established finance function.
One of the largest housing providers in the UK with a portfolio of 65,000 proprieties
* Assist in the completion and submission of regulatory and tax returns in accordance with required timescales.
* Undertake taxation work including VAT, Corporation tax and Employment tax for Group entities including tax planning, compliance and reporting.
* Take an key role in the quarterly tax update meetings with external advisors.
* Deliver financial accounting/tax projects and prepare adhoc requests for analysis in a timely manner.
* Prepare consolidated and individual statutory accounts within agreed timescales and specifications.
* Support preparation of audit files for Group entities and support the Financial Accounting team with delivery of the accounts to agreed timescales.
* Support the production of the Annual Financial Statements.
* The Group is compliant with all relevant tax regulations.
* Effective tax planning supports the Groups development strategy.
* Statutory, monthly and accounts service with output produced per specification and within agreed timescales.
* Timely intercompany accounting and reconciliation takes place with reporting of the intercompany position as required.
* Unqualified external audit opinion on the Annual Financial Statements.
* Recent exposure to taxation compliance either in a practice or industry role.
* Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
* Proven record of the preparation of financial statements/ statutory financial reporting for audit and the application of accounting standards.
* Excellent oral and written communications.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The opportunity to work in a supportive environment
£50,000 + benefits