Household name business in South Yorkshire seeks a computer savvy corporate tax specialist to join in-house tax team. Ideally you will have a relevant professional qualification e.g. ACA, ICAS or CTA. In this role you will deal with a mix of tax accounting, tax compliance and will assist more senior staff with project work. Day to day your role will include:
• All round tax compliance and reporting including calculating tax provisions for group and individual company accounts under IFRS. This includes preparation of the International group tax consolidation, accounts disclosures, journals, liaising with external auditors, and overseas subsidiaries’ accounts staff and preparing papers for the Group auditors summarising key tax issues.
• Preparation of tax computations and returns for UK companies. This includes liaising with different teams to source key data such as capital allowances and CGT information, R&D and Patent Box tax reliefs.
• Preparation of the UK and International annual effective tax rate forecast and maintain this throughout the year.
• Calculate and manage the Quarterly Instalment Payments.
• Maintain responsibility for the CT and DT ledger balances, providing monthly reconciliation sign-offs.
• Provide corporation tax input to strategic plans and business cases.
• Deal with HMRC in meetings and correspondence, negotiating and answering queries.
• Provision of training and guidance to staff at various levels.
• Keep abreast of developments in tax legislation, case law and practice, maintain and update the group’s processes in relation to its tax compliance obligations
• Keep appraised of the group’s accounting policies and the accounting regulatory environment implementing any changes as they affect tax.
• When required operate, manage and develop the process for collecting property tax information.
• Strong Excel skills an advantage. As are strong communication skill to help you deal with other departments within the business and HMRC.
Great chance to move in-house