Are you an experienced Tax professional who would like to secure a Manager level role in Industry?
Your new company
A major services business in Belfast.
Your new role
Reporting to the UK Group Financial Accountant, the Tax Manager is responsible for all taxation affairs for the UK operations of the firm and will work under their own initiative to deliver Taxation information to facilitate effective decision-making and control of the organisation.
* Preparation of UK trading company Tax returns and UK Head Office Tax returns
* Allocation of UK group relief
* Debt cap calculations
* Compute payments on account
* Update Group payment arrangement, as required
* Year end reporting - prepare UK trader numbers
* Half year reporting - prepare UK trader & UK HO numbers
* UK Statutory accounts - prepare tax disclosures
* Projections/forecasts - prepare tax forecasts as requested
You will also review UK VAT returns prepared by the finance team and other ad-hoc advisory work such as VAT queries from Finance / the business and Payroll queries.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant and or hold a recognised Taxation qualification and you will be a highly motivated, proactive and well organised individual. You will have the ability to work on a standalone basis with respect to the compliance work [with support from Head of Tax where required] and have experience of working with large groups, along with year end reporting experience. You will also have some VAT knowledge.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a very competitive salary along with additional benefits. This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your existing Tax experience in a commercial environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.