The Director VAT on the office of the CTO is primarily responsible for thought leadership and advocacy for Vertex strategies and solutions internally and industry reputation externally as it relates to Value Added Tax (VAT). The Director VAT will represent Vertex in a customer and partner facing role in communicating our overall positioning around VAT and be instrumental in helping direct our VAT roadmap and strategy. This position will also be occasionally involved in pre-sales activities, as requested by sales, in positioning O-Series, VAT compliance and VAT Data Management offerings to prospects. The position is based in Europe, Candidates will have the option of working from our London, Cork, Amsterdam or Frankfurt offices
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME), sustaining an image in the market place of Vertex as a VAT expert and credentialed in VAT.
- Contributes expert perspective to the development of business strategy as it relates to VAT.
- Produces thought leadership documents and on-line materials related to VAT.
- Represents Vertex in tax industry forums associated with VAT.
- Develops internal educational resources and processes on VAT.
- Supports partner development efforts pertaining to VAT.
- Stays abreast of major trends in VAT.
- Supports direct selling efforts to select and/or targeted strategic accounts
- Up to 30-40-% travel within Europe and to the US for events, industry, team and customer/prospect meetings
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong depth and breadth of VAT and technology and how they combine into appropriate tax process management solutions
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation) to various audiences including executives, customers, government groups and industry analysts)
- Excellent understanding of VAT and business trends
- Knowledge of Vertex products and services a plus
- Strong creativity, facilitation, relationship building, and conflict management skills required
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 8 or more year of experience in: VAT, developing and implementing strategic and operational plans, developing and managing processes and leadership.
- Prior experience in pre-sales/direct selling a plus.