Thought that you’d missed the chance to move to the Gulf now that implementation has been and gone? Think again! Our client is one of the largest and most successful VAT practices in the GCC region, and are poised for yet more growth – there’s massive amounts of opportunity for the provision of long-term quality VAT services to a range of clients in the region.
What the firm is looking for is very specific; they’re looking for high calibre VAT Manager level people who have trained in a mature VAT market such as the UK/Europe/Australia/North America who have proven exceptional client relationship and business development advisory VAT skills. For such, in UAE, there’s plenty of opportunity for advancement as well as a real range of clients to work on. The firm is very multicultural and is proud of its proven equal opportunity record too. You’ll need superb people skills, an eye for the commercial imperatives of working in the region, an ability to think laterally and creatively for your clients and a real interest in a career in this exciting environment. This is not a holiday, it’s a career!
This is not for everyone, and given there’s always plenty of interest in our adverts for roles in the GCC, we need to be very prescriptive about the backgrounds we can consider for these roles. You will need to demonstrate ALL of the following:
- The roles are only open to those who have trained in mature VAT markets such as UK/Europe/Australia/North America, or else those already working in VAT advisory in the GCC.
- You need to have at least achieved Manager grade in a Big 4/large professional services firm environment.
- Applicants from industry will be readily considered provided that they have prior VAT consultancy experience at at least Manager grade in a Big 4/large professional services firm VAT team
- An exclusive focus on Indirect Tax matters rather than broader based tax matters
- A VAT advisory background demonstrating strong client relationship development skills rather than compliance.
Also of interest are people with strong Indirect Tax technology skills, so if you meet all the above criteria, and have interest/experience in the development of this offering in the region, then it would be great to hear from you too.
If you would like to learn more about the GCC adventure, do get in touch with Guy Barrand here at BLT