Assistant Indirect Tax Manager required for this global insurance business based in The City
Your new role
Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager the successful candidate will Manage and control the accounting of indirect taxes and compliance with all appropriate indirect tax legislation across the groups markets.
* This includes liaising with people within finance, accounting and other parts of the business as necessary;
* Develop/manage and maintain documentation of indirect tax processes;
* Manage a rolling program of VAT and IPT audit/validation across the business;
* Completion of the UK VAT and IPT returns;
* Manage the relationship with the outsourced compliance providers;
* Work closely with the Indirect Tax Manager and Tax Manager in relation to all tax authority audits;
* Maintain industry knowledge and an understanding of indirect tax rules and practices globally to evaluate their impact on the business and on indirect tax policies; and
* Provide ad hoc advice to the business in relation to VAT, IPT and other parafiscal tax queries
Other Responsibilities include:
* Manage processes to reconcile internal accounting of indirect taxes;
* Assist in raising awareness in the business to minimise error via a rolling education programme;
* Provide clear communication to the business of legislative changes, or recent case law and of their impact to the business;
* Help manage the group's relationship with HMRC and European tax authorities with respect to Indirect Taxes;
* Provide input on new systems and upgrades to existing accounting systems and front end systems (web portals) to ensure indirect taxes are properly identified and accounted for;
* Support and where required take ownership of the indirect tax elements of larger projects such as the groups Brexit restructuring and Making Tax Digital;
* Be prepared to assist in areas of tax outside of Indirect Tax such as Transfer Pricing; and
* Develop strong relationships with other functions which impact tax.
What you'll need to succeed
* ACA or CTA qualified;
* Good understanding of VAT;
* Have an indirect tax or tax accounting background within a large accountancy firm or corporate;
* Good Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills;
* A self-starter, with proven ability to assist implement new procedures and take ownership in delivering solutions;
* Excellent admin, able to manage priorities and achieve internal and external deadlines; and
* Excellent team player, strong relationship skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally;
* An awareness of insurance premium tax;
* An awareness of partial exemption;
* Experience of European tax regimes outside of the UK;
* Experience of the insurance industry;
* Experience of accounting packages; and
* A second language.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.