Amazon is seeking a Tax Manager to join the Tax Operations team in Bratislava, Slovakia, which is responsible for EMEA Tax Compliance functions across all Amazon businesses. This position will provide analytical support in driving simultaneous project launches in the Tax Identity, Withholding, Remittance and Reporting space across all Amazon entities, and partner with internal and external parties on special projects related to new business launches and expansions. The successful candidate will be a strong leader who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic business environment by identifying and implementing process improvement and automation throughout the tax identity collection and filing processes, which will require a solid understanding of Amazon’s businesses, systems, and processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Assist in driving and managing projects related to tax documentation, withholding and reporting.
· Liaise with the Tax Ops Product Managers, Engineers and Execution teams to operationalize tax compliance processes and simplify/automate them where feasible.
· Communication with internal and external customers about Amazon policies related to the collection of tax information.
· Research global tax information reporting issues.
· Tax information filing, including reconciliation, research and analysis of exceptions related to payee tax information.
Base pay for this position is 2,925 EUR per month and there are further pay components within the total compensation
· Degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation or Tax Law.
· 4-6 years of tax experience including tax identity collection, withholding tax remittances and reporting preferably for a multinational organization.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands, and managing multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
· Strong computer skills utilization MS Office.
· Strong project management and organization skills.
· Degree in Taxation.
· Certification as CPA.
· Work experience in public accounting.
· Tax research skills and experience in supporting audit defense.
· Ability to demonstrate empathy for customers issues and problems
· Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
· Experience with working with cross functional teams.