We are looking for a smart, passionate candidate to join our Global Tax Calculation Services team. The Tax Manager will be a key member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing and developing a team of classification specialists, and other product classification leads, whose primary responsibility includes classifying and auditing Amazon’s Global retail catalog for tax classification purposes.
• Manage a team of PCS specialists, and other classification leads located in primarily in Bratislava, Slovakia
• Mentor and influence peers
• Manage individual and team development including hiring and developing PCS specialists
Participate in PCS team structuring, performance evaluation metrics, and responsibilities
• Review new business initiatives and scope the effect on existing classification processes and systems
• Actively participate in selected projects throughout their lifecycle
• Drive initiatives to improve operational excellence and team efficiency
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2,925 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3+ years’ experience in people manager role
· Experience in hiring and developing individuals
· Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to work and deliver effectively in customer-focused, cross-functional teams
· Detail oriented, highly organized, decisive, and self-motivated
· Experience working in a multi-national corporate tax department
· Proven track record in learning and applying new technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.