Household name business based in South Yorkshire seeks a Corporate Tax Manager (ACA, ICAS, CTA or equivalent) to join in-house tax team. This position would suit someone with a minimum of 5 years of large group tax experience gained either in practice or industry. Day to day this role involves:
• All round tax compliance and reporting including calculating tax provisions for group and individual company accounts under IFRS. This includes preparation of the International group tax consolidation, accounts disclosures, journals, liaising with external auditors, and overseas subsidiaries’ accounts staff and preparing papers for the Group auditors summarising key tax issues.
• Preparation of tax computations and returns for UK companies. This includes liaising with different teams to source key data such as capital allowances and CGT information, R&D and Patent Box tax reliefs.
• Preparation of the UK and International annual effective tax rate forecast and maintain this throughout the year.
• Calculate and manage the Quarterly Instalment Payments.
• Maintain responsibility for the CT and DT ledger balances, providing monthly reconciliation sign-offs.
• Provide corporation tax input to strategic plans and business cases.
• Deal with HMRC in meetings and correspondence, negotiating and answering queries.
• Provision of training and guidance to staff at various levels.
• Keep abreast of developments in tax legislation, case law and practice, maintain and update the group’s processes in relation to its tax compliance obligations
• Keep appraised of the group’s accounting policies and the accounting regulatory environment implementing any changes as they affect tax.
• When required operate, manage and develop the process for collecting property tax information.
• Assisting more senior staff on Ad-hoc project work.
The ideal candidate will be computer literate with strong Excel skills and ideally experience of Alphatax or a similar package. They will enjoy working to deadlines and taking ownership for their areas of reporting. Alongside proven technical experience you will need sound communication skills. Classic in-house role - would suit someone coming from a large accountancy firm or industry. Salary in the range £45,000 to £55,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.