Advisory role with a leading global investment bank.
Our client is a well recognised multinational bank with a high calibre tax function. As market activity picks up, there is an increasing demand for specialist indirect tax knowledge, leading to a newly created Manger/Senior Manager role. Working across all the bank operations, this role will focus on mainly advisory responsibilities, requiring a highly technical and flexible individual. Ideally the right candidate will come from another banking organisation or accountancy firm.
* Advise business units to VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all transactions.
* Provide expertise to business units regarding VAT issues, including training.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Review business unit and group level VAT returns.
* Identify and implement VAT process/system improvements where possible.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Ideally 2-3 Years PQE.
* Experience working in financial services is preferable but not essential.
* Excellent technical ability in VAT.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion