Tax Manager | Part-time working options
Your new company
A major player in the professional services world with an impressive Belfast presence.
Your new role
You will have the opportunity to take the lead on delivering key parts of the firm's client services. You will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients. You might own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will also be a people manager or act as a coach and role model to the Senior Specialists in your team. You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
* Assisting clients on compliance with their UK direct tax obligations in an efficient and timely manner.
* Advising clients on the impact of recent and proposed legislation as they apply to specific industries and clients.
* Assisting with the transformation of the annual tax process through process improvement, technology, risk and organisational design.
* Reviewing all complexities of tax returns and ensure the quality of work is technically accurate and prepared in line with the firm's standard approach. In addition, you may be required to prepare complex tax returns from time to time.
* Planning and managing the implementation of identified technology solutions.
* Working effectively as part of a team to deliver these tax compliance projects.
* Provide guidance to junior team members and be able to identify and solve issues as well as improve and grow services.
* Identification and documentation of issues and preparation of client queries
* Assisting and resolving queries in order to finalise the tax computations
* Develop and upskill the team by sharing best practices and insight.
* Preparation of related tax accounting disclosures
* All other corporate compliance related activities as required
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be ACA / ATT / CTA qualified and have experience of working in a Corporate Tax Compliance role and have an understanding of the preparation processes. You will have strong technical Tax knowledge and good IT skills including excel. You will be an ambitious individual who would like to progress your career with a market leading employer and really add value to your clients and colleagues.
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a very high calibre Tax team and the package associated with this role is very attractive, including very useful additional benefits. You will work with a diverse client portfolio and have the option to travel to interesting locations and equally if this doesn't suit, no travel will be required. The progression prospects here are excellent and one of the biggest selling points would be the flexible working options available which can be tailored to nearly any personal circumstances and the work-life balance that can be achieved is unparalleled.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.