Global media business looking to recruit an International Tax Manager. Reports to the VP International Tax.
Your new company
Global media business looking to recruit an International Tax Manager. Reporting into the VP of International Tax.
Your new role
As a developing International Tax Manager, reporting to the VP International Tax, you will work within the Tax Team and take responsibility for Corporate Tax compliance and reporting for the Group across 19 territories (not UK and Americas).
You will have experience of Corporate Tax in a business environment (including compliance management and return preparation/review), good corporate tax technical knowledge and be highly competent in tax accounting.
Against the background of an exciting, fast paced start up within the digital space, with a global footprint, you will be responsible for:
* Reviewing corporate tax returns (none UK and Americas) and assist with other tax compliance including transfer pricing and R&D claims in territory;
* Preparing tax charges, provisions and accounting disclosures;
* Managing global corporate tax compliance and helping to maintain the relationships with global tax compliance suppliers;
* Reviewing and improving corporate tax processes and documentation (including balance sheet reconciliations and tax payment forecasts), and minimising the cost of withholding taxes;
* Supporting the VP International Tax in tax advisory projects.
What you'll need to succeed
HERE'S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU'LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
* ACA/ACCA qualified;
* Experience of UK and some international corporate tax return preparation and review ;
* Experience of preparing tax charges, provisions and accounting disclosures (ideally under IFRS & UK GAAP), plus introducing quarterly intercompany charging;
* Experience of compliance management;
* Monitoring the impact of the BEPS agenda, including monitoring Permanent Establishment risk and the introduction of digital taxes;
* Helping to develop a junior tax staff that will also support these activities.
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
* Experience of corporate tax UK and international) in a business environment;
* Experience of effectively managing external (or other) advisers and consultants;
* A highly flexible and measured approach to handling a large workload in an environment with rapidly shifting priorities and unpredictable demands.
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
Knowledge of other MS Office software (Powerpoint, Word, 365, etc.).