Your new company
Hays are recruiting exclusively for a fantastic international services business based in Norwich. They have a number of high profile key clients and hold a dominant position in their market. This company are currently going through a period of transition and need a technically strong Financial Accountant to join their team initially on a 6 month contract.
Your new role
This role reports into the Head of Financial Accounting whose key responsibilities include external reporting and tax compliance for the EMEA region. The principal accountabilities of this Financial Accountant role are focused on external reporting and corporate taxes.
* Management of the external accountants, who will prepare the accounts
* Development of the process for reporting to overseas external accountants
* Assistance in the outsourcing of the UK statutory reporting for 2018
* Liaison with the auditors in the accounts completion process for all entities
* Fielding audit of overseas and UK non-trading companies, proving or arranging supporting documentation or analyses, where required
* Supporting the external audit process of the wider EMEA group, as required
* Supporting Group tax director, where required
* Management of the external accountants, who will prepare the tax returns
* Completion of tax packs for tax returns, including supporting calculations and documentation
* Analysis / review of tax-sensitive accounts
* Reconciliation of current and deferred tax accounts
* Arrangement of payments, including forecast of UK tax liability
* Corporate tax support for new client activity, including the arrangement of tax certificates
* Assistance with any issues arising from the group's new accounting system (Workday)
* Calculation of provisional tax charge for all entities in EMEA region, principally the UK group
* Deferred tax maturity analysis for all EMEA entities (quarterly)
* Accounting for ACP provision of sister company including liaison with actuaries Office of National Statistics
* Management of the preparation of the UK group's statistical returns
* Delegation or outsourcing, wherever possible, of supporting analyses or calculations
* Preparation of financial models for outsourcing to share service centre
* Distribution of returns to the wider business community
* As back-up for the VAT and Accounting Manager, acquire a broad understanding of the EMEA group's VAT processes and issues.
What you'll need to succeed
A qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE and experience in a large corporate organisation. Experience of a multi-national environment would be beneficial.
* Good IT skills, especially Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups etc) and Query
* Working knowledge of FRS 102 and UK corporate taxes
* Experienced user of a large ERP system
* Proactive, innovative and resourceful
* Tenacity to solve problems and drive improvements in a complex and challenging reporting environment
* A hands-on working style
* Efficient, with a keen eye for detail
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive pay including a 10% performance related bonus on contract completion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.