Global FTSE 10 FMCG business is looking to recruit a UK Corporate Tax Manager for its team in Central London.
Your new company
Global FTSE 10 FMCG business.
Your new role
The role is within the head office Tax Department responsible for group tax management. The role is in a UK Tax role but with an international dimension due to the nature of the UK groups role in the business. The person will provide corporate tax support/advice/management for the UK's Next Generation Product business (NGP), RDEC, Patent Box, Exception process, DPT and project work.
UK Tax Lead for GGP business:
* Reasonableness check for 'NGP' company computations;
* UK profit forecasting for NGP;
* Ensure that UK NGP company's accounting records can support tax compliance. This should initially be done as part of SAO process, the establishment of which predated NGP;
* Recommend and implement any UK company restructuring for NGP;
* Organise bi annual NGP Tax Committee.
RDEC compliance process:
* Project manage service providers and R&D functions (including NGP) to ensure we claim our full entitlement to RDEC claims;
* Assist with collection and maintenance of supporting evidence to validate claims with HMRC;
* Ensure claims are correctly included in UK company computations;
* Forecasting for R&D claims.
Patent Box Lead:
* Responsible for all UK Patent Box Deductions. This involves maintenance and claiming of current deductions, optimising position for the future and providing forecast information.
* Monitoring decision making process' in one of the groups traders to ensure appropriate decisions are being made in correct place.
Multilateral instruments/beneficial ownership:
* Develop the groups tax managements process' to reflect developing environment of Multilateral instruments and interpretation of beneficial ownership.
* Manage the process of 'exceptions' to groups TP policies;
* Royalty & management fee waivers and support costs;
* Collect applications for 'exceptions' from the business, arrange 'exception committees', report decision to other senior group governance forums.
Ad hoc project support:
* Will be required to participate in ad-hoc initiatives as they arise.
What you'll need to succeed
* Professional accountancy and/or tax qualification
* An understanding UK Corporate Tax
* Post qualification experience in a tax department of a professional firm or industry
* Ambitious to develop career within a multinational company
* Needs to deliver objectives without close supervision
* Needs to interact with and influence others within department, company, advisors & HMRC.
* Ability to challenge and innovate, whether to deliver financial benefits or process improvements