Corporate Tax Manager job with Big 4 firm in Cambridge
Hays are seeking qualified and experienced Corporate Tax Managers for a big 4 firm in Cambridge. Our client is at the core of the city's business community, where fascinating life science and tech businesses emerge every day, along with clients in everything from media to brewing to sports cars. Their strong growth and work with fast-growth businesses offers a uniquely valuable platform for your career.
Their business tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies. The team prides itself in flexibility of working - whether involving working in several areas or in working from home.
As an experienced business tax advisory professional, you'll help clients through the challenges of planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. You'll work with organisations and individuals to structure transactions and operations in a tax-effective manner. This includes helping clients to mitigate tax risk, comply effectively with tax laws and take into account the prospect of change.
Your key responsibilities;
* Build and maintain relationships with clients, winning work proactively and contributing to winning new clients
* High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
* Overall responsibility of quality of client service
* Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
* Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
* Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
* Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
* Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
In reward you will be offered a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Their comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, along with benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.