Exciting opportunity to work within a relatively small tax team in industry, as number 2 to the employment tax specialist. Continued growth of employment taxes within this large organisation has led to the need for additional resource to support the business.
The scope of work to get involved in is broad, deep and varied. Alongside the everyday compliance, you will offer advice on efficient compliance and handle enquiries both from HMRC and internally from the numerous businesses which form part of the group. There are also a number of ongoing projects to get your teeth into which will involve process development, implementation and review, for example in connection with:
• Tax due diligence checks on new suppliers within the Supplier Information Management system.
• Construction Industry Scheme requirements for some of the businesses.
• Off-payroll working, including the extension of IR35 reform to the private sector.
Other responsibilities include:
• Collation and analysis of data for the annual Directors' Remuneration Report.
• Management of the PSA process.
The ideal candidate will possess substantial UK employment tax experience and sound tax technical knowledge. In-house experience in a large commercial organisation would be helpful, but someone from practice would also be of interest. Of vital importance is a can-do attitude and focus on providing value to the business. There is very much a sense of team within the tax department and both the employment tax lead and the head of tax are highly inclusive and supportive.
The role is based in smart modern offices, centrally located with lots of shops, restaurants and amenities close by, as well as excellent travel links.