Management Accountant- Global Business- Colchester, Essex - £35,000 to £40,000 plus benefits
Your new company
My client, an international market leader based in Colchester, are currently recruiting for a Qualified Management Accountant due to a change in their UK operations.
Your new role
In this position you will be predominantly responsible for the daily finance activities of my client's UK entities. As Management Accountant you will manage the financial administration of the Sales and Service across all sites and you will report into and provide financial information to the Senior Financial Controller. You will thereby contribute to improve and monitor the accuracy of the figures in the respective company. The main objectives of the Management Accountant are:
* Preparing the management accounts on a monthly basis
* Maintain balance sheet reconciliations
* Timely and accurately reporting of the company's financial status to corporate
* Responsible for timely month end close process, including timely reporting to head office via Hyperion
* Perform month end close activities in line with IFRS and accounting guidelines
* Implement new accounting and reporting requirements into systems and processes where appropriate
* Secure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines as well as local laws and legislation
* Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are complete and maintained on a monthly and accurate basis
* Assisting Senior Financial Controller in preparation of the annual budgets and forecasts
* Liaise with and provide information to internal and external auditors
* Preparation of sales commissions fees for sales teams for inclusion into payroll
* Assisting the Senior Financial Controller with adhoc projects and analysis as required
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this job, you will be a newly Qualified Accountant with experience in an international environment and working knowledge of SAP. You will have a driven mindset in order to complete daily tasks whilst adapting processes within the finance team and the wider business. Experience of finance business partnering and previous use of Navision & Hyperion will be beneficial, but not essential.
Due to this being a multinational company there may be some requirements for travel within the UK.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered opportunities for personal development within the finance team. The informal atmosphere will give you the opportunity to take responsibility and show initiative in a company that is planning to grow significantly over the coming years. Salary will depend on knowledge and experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.