** Exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant / auditor looking to make a career transition into tax **
Our client is a well known multinational with their European Headquarters based in London. As a result of continued growth they are now looking to recruit 2 tax accountants to join the busy finance/tax department.
This is an ideal development opportunity for an experienced finance/audit/accountancy professional looking to expand their skill set into broader areas (no previous tax experience is required).
the Tax Accountant will be responsible for preparing tax returns and tax provisions (under local and US GAAP) for all the UK entities and undertaking initial reviews of tax reporting submissions for entities in Europe. Once those skills have been mastered and tasks completed, the Tax Accountant will be given the opportunity to support tax planning and transfer pricing projects including technical research and analysis of financial data.
Key Responsibilities (all relevant tax training will be provided):
- Preparation of the quarterly US GAAP management and year end statutory tax reporting for UK entities in readiness for first level manager review.
- Initial review of the quarterly tax calculations for European group companies' management tax reporting submissions.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns for UK entities
- Communication and liaison with central and local divisional finance personnel and Global Tax Office, New York on the above issues as required
Key Requirements include:
- The position requires an accounting qualification or strong practical accounting skills (preferably including tax accounting). Experience of corporate tax compliance is not required as full training will be given.
- Other abilities required are good communication skills, flexibility and excellent client facing skills.