Corporate Tax Senior - Advisory only
Your new company
A leading professional services firm in Belfast who pride themselves on career development and customer service excellence
Your new role
This role will provide you with the opportunity to help clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
You will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in particular areas such as international tax, structuring, research and development and transfer pricing.
* Proactively manage and deliver ad hoc tax consultancy advice on a portfolio of clients and generally work to Managers and above
* Being proactively involved in managing and controlling deliverables, deadlines and project finances of clients
* Reviewing a wide variety of corporate returns linked with your own client allocation whilst considering whether any tax planning opportunities arise.
* Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
* Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
* Keeping up-to-date with changes in law and the firm's products and services
* Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
What you'll need to succeed
You will have strong UK corporate tax consultancy knowledge, combined with the proven ability to provide a commercial tax service to clients and experience of working as part of a client team supporting ongoing clients and contributing to one-off projects.
You will be ACA/CTA Qualified or equivalent and have up-to-date UK corporate Tax consultancy experience, potentially also a mixed Tax background. You will also be self -motivated and continuously learn from experiences.
What you'll get in return
This is a perfect option for an experienced Tax professional who would like to specialise in Advisory and move away from compliance. You will get excellent exposure to an impressive and diverse client portfolio working on very interesting projects. The progression prospects here are fantastic due to the growth in the Tax department.
My client is offering a very competitive salary + an extensive list of useful benefits, as well as this flexible working can be tailored to you and travel is not required. Study support is encouraged, for example if you are a Qualified Accountant in Tax and would like to become CTA Qualified.
Work-life balance is key and overtime is not the norm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.