An International Law Firm are seeking an International Tax Assistant to join the team in their London HQ, primarily taking responsibility for assisting the wider International Tax Team with handling International Tax and Partnership Tax matters in all global jurisdictions where the firm operates. This position sits within an established and award-winning team which is well-known for it's supportive and friendly culture. Whether you're a seasoned Tax technician or an accountant looking to specialise, this position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a prestigious global firm while enjoying all the perks that come with it.
Key responsibilities include:
• Withholding tax management, including obtaining tax residence certificates from HMRC, completion of overseas withholding tax forms, and quarterly reconciliation of the withholding tax general ledger
• Maintenance and reconciliation of tax records and ledgers, working closely with the Partner Finance team
• Dealing with the administration of tax compliance and assisting with the preparation of information and schedules required to support the firm's global tax filings and overseas partners' tax returns
• Payment of 3rd party tax adviser invoices and assisting with tracking spend against budget
• Preparation of quarterly transfer pricing invoices
• Providing support and information as required to the firm's advisers in India
• Assisting with US tax filings for non-US resident partners
The ideal candidate for this role will be part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA/AAT/ATT/CTA) or with the desire to undertake a professional qualification, with a solid understanding of basic accounting and journal entries (including double-entry booking). Ideally, you will have experience working within a professional partnership; it would be advantageous to have existing direct tax experience, but not essential as training will be provided. To succeed in this role you will have strong organisational and communication skills, and be able to take initiative and be pro-active and intelligent in your work.
As the firm's International Tax Assistant, you'll enjoy a basic salary of up to £40,000 per annum, plus an enviable benefits package including a generous pension scheme, private healthcare and life assurance, plus an array of other benefits that you can pick and choose to suit your lifestyle. You'll also receive full study support if you're looking to undertake a professional accounting or tax qualification, with the opportunity to progress through the ranks as you grow and develop within the team.
This opportunity is expected to be competitive, so don't miss your chance - apply now through etaxjobs or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners for more information.