One of the world's leading business news and information organisations
Your new company
One of the world's leading business news and information organisations. They are recognised globally for integrity and accuracy. They provide a broad range of essential services, including news, comment, data and analysis, to the growing audience of internationally minded business people.
Your new role
They are looking for a Corporate Tax Analyst to join the tax team based in London, reporting to the International Tax Manager.
* Preparation of corporation tax computations for the group's 16 UK entities and assistance with quarterly payments
* Assistance with the review of the group's overseas corporate tax returns, across 14 countries
* Assistance with US federal, state and city tax returns and assistance with payments
* Assistance with US Sales Tax returns
* Assistance with annual and half-year UK tax reporting
* Preparation of the group's annual transfer pricing local files
* Handling tax queries from the business, such as certificates of residence requests and tax treaty clearances
* Supporting the International Tax Manager and Tax Director with ad hoc tax projects
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who is looking to gain experience across multiple tax streams to develop their skill set. An eye for detail, strong analytical and advanced excel skills are essential.
* Ideally part qualified or willingness to start a relevant course of study (such as ATT);
* Demonstrable tax experience, either in practice or in-house
* Ability to adapt to change and willingness to develop new skills;
* Ability to work under time pressure to meet deadlines;
* Ability to prioritise and work self-sufficiently to some extent;
* Excellent organisational skills as well as a high attention to detail;
* Proficiency in Excel
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally;
* Strong analytical problem solving skills.
What you'll get in return
* A competitive salary and incentive scheme
* Extensive learning and development opportunities
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days after 2 years service
* Charity volunteering opportunities
* On-site subsidised canteen
* Opportunity to purchase extra days of holiday at a reduced cost
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Excellent benefits including:
* Subsidised gym membership
* Pension plan (FT will double your contribution up to a maximum of 16%)
* Season ticket loan
* Private Healthcare / Dental plan
* Life assurance up to 14 x annual salary
* Cycle to work scheme
* Give As You Earn
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.