International speciality insurance group with offices across the globe looking to recruit a Tax Manager.
Your new company
International speciality insurance group with offices across the globe.
Your new role
* Preparation of the Corporation Tax filings for the groups UK & European business;
* Preparation of Corporation Tax filings for some European Branches;
* Review of Corporation Tax filings of Branches where prepared locally;
* Calculate and arrange payment of installments as necessary;
* Review reconciliations of Corporation Tax accounts in the General Ledger;
* Write and maintain the procedure manual for the European business on Corporate Taxes';
* Calculation of Tax figures for Regulatory Reporting purposes;
* Preparation of Current and Deferred Tax notes for statutory accounts.
* Analysis of Financial Statements by location of risk for US tax purposes;
* Tax True Up calculations and journal postings;
* Co-ordinate quarterly accrual process;
* Comment on variance from budgeted tax rates.
* Assistance in preparation of Transfer Pricing Report;
* Review inter-company commission and reinsurance agreements;
* Confirm that inter-office cross charges are made in line with the company transfer pricing policy;
* Answering any questions from internal and external consultants.
* Ad hoc project work as required
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications and Experience Specification:
* Degree with minimum 5 years work experience post university;
* Tax/Accounting qualification;
* Language skills: French, German, Spanish;
* Good understanding of tax accounting;
* IT literate with advanced Excel;
* Good communication skills.
* Insurance Industry experience with 5 years + international / European tax experience & fluent in either: French/German/Spanish;
* Alphatax Tax Software experience;
* PeopleSoft General Ledger experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.