Our client, who operates in a growing and exciting sector, is currently looking to add a Tax Manager to their in house team in central London. The business has seen substantial growth recently with no signs of slowing down. The tax manager will assist the Head of Tax in all areas, but initially take responsibility for bringing their UK compliance in house. This will be the initial project, but due to the high level of activity the business has on the transactions side there will be much more to take on, including due diligence support, M&A work, international tax advisory and transfer pricing.
* Primary responsibility of preparating UK tax returns, claims and elections, statutory accounts provisioning for with associated tax planning work;
* Coordination of overseas tax compliance work to ensure it is done on a timely basis which will involve dealing with overseas advisers and finance managers;
* Assistance with the preparation, coordination and review of transfer pricing documentation across the group which will involve liaison with overseas tax advisors;
* Primary responsibility for dealing with tax audit enquiries in the UK and providing assistance to overseas finance managers and advisers in relation to overseas tax audits;
* Provision of tax advisory work across the group, which will include working with the Head of Tax on projects including, but not limited to, the acquisition and disposal of new projects globally, corporate restructuring, group financing, transfer pricing planning;
* Review of the quarterly tax returns for four UK VAT groups.
* ACA, CTA qualified with tax/accounting background;
* UK tax compliance experience;
* Prior experience of working at tax manager level in industry or an accounting firm with international exposure;
* Technically competent and familiar with UK tax legislation with some cross-border experience;
* Have experience of working in a fast paced, international business;
* A working knowledge of Spanish, Italian and/or Portuguese would be useful but is not essential;
* Strong communication skills, commercially minded and able to network around the business while managing advisor relationships.