Top 20 firm looking for a Corporate Tax Specialist to join them in their busy Central London office.
Your new company
My client is an international accountancy firm with a strong presence throughout the United Kingdom. You will be joining their busy Tax team in Central London.
Your new role
Taking on the role as a Corporate Tax Executive your main responsibility will be to effectively manage and carry out production of corporate tax returns and computations for a portfolio of clients and assist in tax advisory projects.
Your main responsibilities are:
* Control corporation tax compliance cycle for portfolio including the management of filings and payment deadlines.
* Where appropriate, integrate with audit process to ensure that corporation tax computations are prepared which are sufficient to prepare tax provisions and disclosures in audit clients' statutory accounts.
* Where appropriate, preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
* Prepare and generate final corporation tax returns and computations using tax software (Alphatax - training available).
* Liaise with clients concerning their tax affairs including the preparation of advice
* Deal with HMRC enquiries into client's tax affairs.
* Liaise with HMRC on clients' behalf in respect of general matters.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that clients are billed for corporation tax compliance and advisory work on a timely basis.
* Coach junior staff where appropriate.
* Identify and become involved in tax planning opportunities.
* Preparation of training and presentations internally and externally
* Involvement in tax marketing activity
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will be a newly qualified ATT or CTA with at least 3 years experience in public practice. You are required to have a demonstrable knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax issues and a familiarity with standard IT packages (Excel, Alphatax, Word). Other important skills include:
* Communication skills
* Organisational skills
* Commercial awareness / client focus
* Problem solving and decision making
* Commitment to deadlines, and ability to work well under pressure
* Be positive and committed to the firm in dealings with both clients and staff
* Team player with a consultative approach
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with numerous benefits:
* Genuine Work Life balance
* Accredited Investor in People
* New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
* 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
* Very competitive salary
* Employee Recognition awards and bonuses
* Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to £4000 for a successful referral
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.